Minnesota Affiliate of National Clinical Nurse Specialist Organization Role Responsibilities
Board of Directors (BOD) Members of the BOD are elected annually by MN NACNS members. It is preferred those elected to the board have been a member of MN NACNS for two years prior to serving on the board.
· Presides over meetings of the Board of Directors and is responsible for setting direction of the activities of the organization in conjunction with the Board.
· Creates, communicates, and implements the organization's vision, mission and overall direction as laid out in the Constitution and Bylaws.
· Formulates and implements the strategic plan in conjunction with the Board of Directors that guides the direction of the organization.
· Develops agenda for monthly meetings, and circulates to the board members for suggestions.
· Leads the evaluation of the outcomes of the organization.
· Represents the organization in civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community, the state, and at the national level.
· Takes responsibility as entrusted by the members and in conjunction with the Board of Directors for actions to safeguard the financial solvency of the organization.
· Serves as the connection between NACNS and MN NACNS by attending quarterly affiliate meetings and affiliate meetings held at the NACNS conference.
· Collaborates, assists and supports the president and the organization as needed, and accepts roles and responsibilities as appropriate and assigned.
· Leads membership/recruitment initiatives and/or conference registration.
· Responsible for membership dues, communication, and receipts.
· Provides advice and leadership to the BOD regarding past practices and other issues to assist the Board in governing the organization.
· Supports the President and the President-elect as needed.
· Liaison to the MN NACNS Conference Planning Committee
· Maintains the financial records of the Affiliate
· Maintains full knowledge of all funds, disbursements, and securities
· Submits financial reports to the membership
· Prepares the annual budget in collaboration with the Board
· Makes recommendations pertaining to changes which may affect the financial status of the Affiliate
· Prepares and maintains budget information
· Reports monthly (and annually) the financial status of the organization to the Board
· Works with Secretary to prepare and submit Tax reports and payments and non-profit status forms
· Prepares accounts for audits
· Maintains checking account (deposits fees and dues; writes checks)
· Distributes the P.O. Box keys to the next board treasurer with change of terms.
· Keeps a true record of the proceedings of the meetings of the Affiliate (e.g. takes minutes at all Board and membership meetings)
· Convenes an ad hoc committee at the direction of the Board to review the bylaws prior to the annual conference
· Works with Treasurer to submit non-profit status forms
· Maintains electronic/paper file of minutes, bylaws, and other key documents
· Maintains email distribution lists for the organization
· Checks Affiliate email account once monthly or more often as necessary
· Communicates Affiliate business to membership (e.g. conference brochures, meeting notices)
Student-rep (NON-Voting member per Bylaws):
· Liaison to CNS students
· Develops ideas for communication (e.g. writing articles, others) to the student body once per quarter
· Supports the Board and engages in activities related to student body, as requested
Other Responsibilities to be distributed among Board members or delegates:
· Website maintenance
· Fundraising strategies
|June 17, 2017||
· Moved PO box keys from the president to the treasurer responsibility